Goal 2: Every Kid to Camp
Our children and grandchildren are constantly being influenced by the world around them. Reaching our children with the Gospel while they are young is crucial if we wish to counter the conflicting influences of our culture. According to researcher George Barna, by age nine, most of the moral and spiritual foundations of a child are in place. Lifelong habits, values and attitudes are formed between the ages of 5-12.
Placing our children in an environment that focuses on faith in Jesus Christ will help to provide the positive Christian foundation our children need.
Project Under Way:
- Provide a summer camp experience for children grades 1-12 who have never attended before.
- Over 2000 children have attended Camp Luther and Keweenaw Base Camp through Every Kid to Camp since its inception.
- It costs over $500 to provide a child with a five-day summer camp.
- $150,000 is needed annually to send 300 children to camp.
- Nearly $25,000 a year is dispersed to children in need of Camperships (financial aid).
How will Every Kid to Camp enhance ministry and impact lives?
- A child’s faith is encouraged and strengthened through a summer camp experience.
- Campers experience a fun, safe, Christ-centered program where caring counselors serve as important role models.
- Leadership and service are discovered through intentional activities and experiences.
"I was so thankful that my son could experience camp! He cannot stop talking about it, even months later"Mother of 5th Grader
"My kid came back changed. She loved her counselor and fellow campers"Dad of a 6th Grader
"With time and money so tight, I wasn't sure how to send my grandchild again this year, but EKTK helped in a huge way"Grandmother of a 3rd Grader